They say you can never go back home again. Maybe it’s true and maybe back there isn’t a place we want to return. However, I believe home is where the heart is. And the key to the heart is through the stomach! As I find myself spending more time where I grew up, I’m reconnecting to my roots and discovering new and exciting things about this place so dear to me.
The last year and a half, I (like many people) spent a lot of time at home. Many days were filled with the monotony of my daily routine within those four walls. So spending time in an old, but no longer familiar place has rekindled a sense of whimsy for me. As I drive around my hometown, I constantly see new housing developments, restaurants, and shops juxtaposed with old, reliable favorites. It’s a widely known fact that I love good food and good drinks with good company! So here’s a list of some of my new and old favorite eateries in the local Atlanta area!
Oldie, but Goodies:
- Senor Patron (Try the guava margarita!)
- DUA Midtown (anything is good here and the service is great!)
- Blossom Tree (everything is good here too. I just wish the portions were bigger!)
- Piece of Cake (My goal is to try each flavor, but I love the caramel pound cake and the key lime cupcake.)
- Apres Diem (This is my go-to spot to meet for a drink/meal. It’s well located, the menu is vast, the drinks are good, and the outdoor seating area is ideal for any season!)
- Cafe Intermezzo (One of my old favorites, especially for a late night drink/dessert.)
- Pappadeaux (This place is always busy, so I often grab the gumbo and a po’boy to go.)
- Rusans (The fried ice cream is one of my favorite desserts, especially as a birthday treat).
- Bruster’s (a scoop of the chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream is always a great pick-me up).
New Yummy Discoveries:
- Sushi Yu (great sushi, great prices. I can’t wait to try their buffet!)
- Prince Palace (a brand new spot that has pretty good Indian and Nepalese food. Nice and affordable lunch buffet!)
- Sushiology (Great sushi and appetizers!)
- Jeni’s (Gooey Butter cake is the most ideal ice cream flavor I’ve had in a while!)
- Ph’East (a cool spot with several different Asian restaurants along with a great bar.)
- 1885 Grill (Great drinks, outdoor seating and yummy food choices!)
- Tasty Bakery Cafe (the passion fruit and hazelnut cake is the most surprisingly delicious combo I’ve tried in a while. Plus they give free samples!)
What are your new and old favorite eateries at home, Suitie?